Dimer D Parylene Conformal Coatings
Parylene D is not supported by ECT at this time.
Parylene D raw materials contain hydrogen, carbon and two chlorine groups. While the properties are similar to Parylene C, Parylene D offers the greatest thermal stability, protecting the board at higher temperatures.
- Faster rate of deposition than Parylene N with thicker coating in less time
- Dielectric protection at 5.5k volts per 1 mil coating
- Excellent protection from moisture, chemicals, and corrosive gases
- Tensile strength of 11,000 psi
- Temperature tolerance at 120◦C in presence of oxygen.
- Similar properties to C with higher temperature resistance and improved barrier capability against hydrogen sulfide
- Batch processing only
- Rework requires special equipment
- Time required to prepare and mask boards
- Lower dielectric strength than Parylene C
- Lacks sufficient biocompatibility for medical devices